Android Wireless Application Development
Wireless Application Development
Android™ Wireless Application Development Second Edition
Includes Bonus CD
The start-to-finish guide to Android application development: massively updated for the newest SDKs and developer techniques!
This book delivers all the up-to-date information, tested code, and best practices you need to create and market successful mobile apps with the latest versions of Android. Drawing on their extensive experience with mobile and wireless development, Lauren Darcey and Shane Conder cover every step: concept, design, coding, testing, packaging, and delivery. The authors introduce the Android platform, explain the principles of effective Android application design, and present today’s best practices for crafting effective user interfaces. Next, they offer detailed coverage of each key Android API, including data storage, networking, telephony, location-based services, multimedia, 3D graphics, and hardware.
Every chapter of this edition has been updated for the newest Android SDKs, tools, utilities, and hardware. All sample code has been overhauled and tested on leading devices from multiple companies, including HTC, Motorola, and ARCHOS. Many new examples have been added, including complete new applications. This new edition also adds
- Nine new chapters covering web APIs, the Android NDK, extending application reach, managing users, data synchronization, backups, advanced user input, and more
- Greatly expanded coverage of Android manifest files, content providers, app design, and testing
- New coverage of hot topics like Bluetooth, gestures, voice recognition, App Widgets, live folders, live wallpapers, and global search
- Updated 3D graphics programming coverage reflecting OpenGL ES 2.0
- An all-new chapter on tackling cross-device compatibility issues, from designing for the smallest phones to the big new tablets hitting the market
- Even more tips and tricks to help you design, develop, and test applications for different devices
- A new appendix full of Eclipse tips and tricks
This book is an indispensable resource for every member of the Android development team: software developers with all levels of mobile experience, team leaders and project managers, testers and QA specialists, software architects, and even marketers.
About the CD-ROM The accompanying CD-ROM contains all the sample code that is presented in the book, organized by chapter, as well as a new sample application that combines many of the individual lessons learned into a single cohesive sample. This new application is referred to and discussed in Appendix G, “A Brief Walkthrough of an Android Application from Start to Finish.”
780 pages; ISBN 9780132487702
, or download in
Title: Android Wireless Application Development
Author: Shane Conder; Lauren Darcey
The Innovators 2014 US$ 16.99 528 pages