How I Beat My Grid-Life Crisis
It took James Woodford a while to realise that the greasy pole of big-city ambition was not for him. To rediscover the environmentalist he'd aspired to be when he was young, and to get his family out of the city.
But eventually they made it: to the wildly beautiful south coast of New South Wales and a sustainable, self-sufficient, solar-powered lifestyle on 120 acres. No house? They'd build one. Land grazed down and eroding into the lake? Fix it up with some love and hard work...coax it to yield home-grown vegies...plant orchards, raise chooks...a humungous worm farm...How hard could it be?
'Tree changers might be a growing breed, but you'll be hard pressed to find one who describes in more poetic terms the first time he set eyes on what would become his very own patch of rural paradise...a candid and enlightening account.' Notebook
272 pages; ISBN 9781921834936
, or download in
Title: Real Dirt
Author: James Woodford
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Periodicals and societies
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Environmentalism, green movement
- Academic > Geography > Environmental sciences > Environmentalism. Green movement
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Societies, etc
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Environmentalism. Green movement
- Nature > Environmental Conservation & Protection