The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Cisco: A Beginner's Guide, Fourth Edition
Get started using Cisco technologies quickly and easily
Here is a fully updated edition of the bestselling introductory guide to Cisco products and technologies. Cisco: A Beginner's Guide, Fourth Edition provides you with a practical hands-on resource for successfully designing and managing a Cisco network. Learn to work with Cisco routers and switches, wireless technologies, and storage tools. You'll also get full details on network security, including firewalls, as well as communications solutions such as VoIP. This is a must-have resource for anyone interested in internetworking and Cisco technologies.
- Work with Cisco's Internet technologies
- Configure Cisco routers and networks
- Understand Cisco internetworking technologies including LAN switches, multilayered switching, and VLANs
- Secure your network using CiscoSecure ACS, Cisco PIX firewall, IOS Firewall, and other methods
- Enable wireless internetworking using the Cisco Aironet and Airespace products
- Deploy VoIP via Cisco Unified Communications
- Implement Cisco storage area network (SAN) and content delivery network (CDN) solutions
- Use both open standard routing protocols (RIP, OSPF, BGP) and Cisco-proprietary protocols (IGRP and EIGRP)
- Design, manage, and troubleshoot a robust Cisco network