The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
A Practical Guide to Fedora and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
—Eric Hartwell, Chair, School of Information Technology, ITT Technical Institute
“I have found this book to be a very useful classroom text, as well as a great Linux resource. It teaches Linux using a ground-up approach that gives students the chance to progress with their skills and grow into the Linux world. I have often pointed to this book when asked to recommend a solid Linux reference.”
The #1 Fedora and RHEL resource–a tutorial AND on-the-job reference
Master Linux administration and security using GUI-based tools, the command line, and Perl scripts
Set up key Internet servers, step by step, including Samba, Apache, sendmail, DNS, LDAP, FTP, and more
Master All the Techniques You Need to Succeed with Fedora™ and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
In this book, one of the world’s leading Linux experts brings together all the knowledge you need to master Fedora or Red Hat Enterprise Linux and succeed with it in the real world. Best-selling author Mark Sobell explains Linux clearly and effectively, focusing on skills you’ll actually use as a user, programmer, or administrator. Now an even more versatile learning resource, this edition adds skill objectives at the beginning of each chapter.
Sobell assumes no prior Linux knowledge. He starts at the beginning and walks you through every topic and task that matters, using easy-to-understand examples. Step by step, you’ll learn how to install and configure Linux, navigate its graphical user interface, provide file/print sharing, configure network servers, secure Linux desktops and networks, work with the command line, administer Linux efficiently, and even automate administration with Perl scripts.
Mark Sobell has taught hundreds of thousands of Linux and UNIX professionals. He knows every Linux nook and cranny–and he never forgets what it’s like to be new to Linux. Whatever you want to do with Linux–now or in the future–you’ll find it here.
Compared with the other Linux books out there, A Practical Guide to Fedora™ and Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®, Sixth Edition, delivers
- Complete, up-to-the-minute coverage of Fedora 15 and RHEL 6
- State-of-the-art security techniques, including up-to-date firewall setup techniques using system-config-firewall and iptables, and a full chapter on OpenSSH (ssh)
- Coverage of crucial topics such as using su and sudo, and working with the new systemd init daemon
- Comprehensive coverage of the command line and key system GUI tools
- More practical coverage of file sharing using Samba, NFS, and FTP
- Superior coverage of automating administration with Perl
- More usable, realistic coverage of Internet server configuration, including Apache (Web), sendmail, NFSv4, DNS/BIND, and LDAP, plus new coverage of IPv6
- More and better coverage of system/network administration tasks, including network monitoring with Cacti
- Deeper coverage of essential administration tasks–from managing users to CUPS printing, configuring LANs to building a kernel
- Complete instructions on keeping Linux systems up-to-date using yum
- And much more, including a 500+ term glossary and comprehensive indexes
1224 pages; ISBN 9780132757300
, or download in or
Office 2013 In Depth 2013 US$ 31.99 1032 pages
Qualitative Data Analysis with NVivo 2013 US$ 54.00 329 pages