Tagore and China
The book charts Tagores grand visit in 1924 undertaken in response to Chinas Tagore fever and the series of talks he gave there, their antecedents as well as impact. Also discussed is the foundation of Cheena-Bhavana at Visva-Bharatiand thereby of Chinese studies in Indiaand Tan Yun-shans lifelong dedication to it and the Sino-Indian love it held.
This well-researched book unearths new material from Chinese sources to confirm the devotion of Tagores interpreter, poet Xu Zhimo, to him and Tagores affection for Xu Zhimo. Tagores two personal visits to Xu Zhimo, preceded by the latters visit to Santiniketan, have also been detailed.
Supplemented by several rare photographs, Tagore and China is a fitting tribute to Tagores 150th birth anniversary and is going to be of abiding value to Sino-Indian understanding.
411 pages; ISBN 9788132107644
, or download in
Title: Tagore and China
Author: Tan Chung; Amiya Dev; Wang Bangwei; Liming Wei
Access to History for the IB Diploma: Peacemaking, peacekeeping - international relations 1918-36 2012 US$ 22.38 249 pages
Killing Patton 2014 US$ 12.99 304 pages
Unbroken 2010 US$ 11.99
History for the IB Diploma: The Great Depression and the Americas 192939 2012 US$ 16.00 242 pages
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Indo-Iranian philology and literature > Indo-Aryan languages > Modern Indo-Aryan languages > Particular languages and dialects > Bengali
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Indo-Iranian philology and literature > Indo-Aryan languages > General
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Indo-Iranian philology and literature > General
- Social Science > Anthropology > Cultural
- Political Science > International Relations
- Social Science > Sociology
- History > Far East
- History > Asia