I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings

I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
Not for sale in
your country
Not Available

Maya Angelou's seven volumes of autobiography are a testament to the talents and resilience of this extraordinary writer. Loving the world, she also knows its cruelty. As a Black woman she has known discrimination and extreme poverty, but also hope, joy, achievement and celebration. In this first volume of her six books of autobiography, Maya Angelou beautifully evokes her childhood with her grandmother in the American south of the 1930s. She learns the power of the white folks at the other end of town and suffers the terrible trauma of rape by her mother's lover.

'I write about being a Black American woman, however, I am always talking about what it's like to be a human being. This is how we are, what makes us laugh, and this is how we fall and how we somehow, amazingly, stand up again' Maya Angelou

Little, Brown Book Group; September 2010
Read online, or download in secure EPUB
Title: I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Author: Maya Angelou

'We Have Not Banned Any Books' Lemont High School Says - Patch - Patch.com
Sat, 03 Dec 2016 18:16:00 -0800
Patch.com'We Have Not Banned Any Books' Lemont High School Says - PatchPatch.comLemont, IL - Board of Education ...
Banning 'To Kill a Mockingbird'? Virginia school pulls books after parent's complaint - Los Angeles Times
Mon, 05 Dec 2016 10:25:00 -0800
Los Angeles TimesBanning 'To Kill a Mockingbird'? Virginia school pulls books after parent's complaintLos Angeles ...
Parents demand Illinois high school ban any books that mention or allude to sex - The Week Magazine
Fri, 09 Dec 2016 11:15:35 -0800
Parents demand Illinois high school ban any books that mention or allude to sexThe Week MagazineThey specifically urged the ...
More Fiction
9780748122349
9780860685111

This edition is not for sale in your country. Here are some titles that might be what you're after...