The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Machine Learning Forensics for Law Enforcement, Security, and Intelligence
Increasingly, crimes and fraud are digital in nature, occurring at breakneck speed and encompassing large volumes of data. To combat this unlawful activity, knowledge about the use of machine learning technology and software is critical. Machine Learning Forensics for Law Enforcement, Security, and Intelligence integrates an assortment of deductive and instructive tools, techniques, and technologies to arm professionals with the tools they need to be prepared and stay ahead of the game.
The book is a practical guide on how to conduct forensic investigations using self-organizing clustering map (SOM) neural networks, text extraction, and rule generating software to "interrogate the evidence." This powerful data is indispensable for fraud detection, cybersecurity, competitive counterintelligence, and corporate and litigation investigations. The book also provides step-by-step instructions on how to construct adaptive criminal and fraud detection systems for organizations.
Prediction is the key
Internet activity, email, and wireless communications can be captured, modeled, and deployed in order to anticipate potential cyber attacks and other types of crimes. The successful prediction of human reactions and server actions by quantifying their behaviors is invaluable for pre-empting criminal activity. This volume assists chief information officers, law enforcement personnel, legal and IT professionals, investigators, and competitive intelligence analysts in the strategic planning needed to recognize the patterns of criminal activities in order to predict when and where crimes and intrusions are likely to take place.
352 pages; ISBN 9781466508521
, or download in or
More from this author
- Investigative Data Mining for Security and Criminal Detection2003US$ 79.95469 pages
- Machine-to-Machine Marketing (M3) via Anonymous Advertising Apps Anywhere Anytime (A5)2012US$ 73.95436 pages
Programming with Mathematica®: An Introduction 2013 US$ 76.00 732 pages
Head First C# 2010 US$ 39.99 840 pages
- Academic > Public Affairs > Criminal justice administration > Police. Detectives. Constabulary > Police duty. Methods of protection > Investigation of crimes. Examination and identification of prisoners
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminal justice administration > Police. Detectives. Constabulary > Police duty. Methods of protection
- Computers > Database Management > Data Mining
- Law > Criminal Law
- Law > Forensic Science
- Computers > Security
- Computers > Information Technology
- True Crime