The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Pharmacology for the Physical Therapist
The first pharmacology book for physical therapists written by physical therapists and PhD pharmacologists
A Doody's Core Title for 2011!
Based on the classic Katzung's Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, this ground-breaking book illuminates the ever-expanding role of pharmacology in rehabilitation practice. In it you'll find unmatched insights on the full range of pharmacology topics, from drug receptor pharmacodynamics and general anesthetics, to cancer chemotherapy-all told from the vantage point of the authors' extensive first-hand experience.
- Complete, up-to-date descriptions of common adverse drug reactions relevant to physical therapy
- Explanations of how drugs can potentially disrupt functional and clinical outcomes, along with corresponding physical therapy-based solutions to overcome these issues
- “Problem-Oriented Patient Studies” (POPS), which feature the patient as the focal point of the case rather than drug therapy itself
- “Preparations Available” boxes that provide at-a-glance summaries of the drugs available to treat specific conditions and disorders
- Glossary of need-to-know terms
608 pages; ISBN 9780071781381
, or download in or