I've Said it Before...
Unpublished Letters to the Daily Mail
'I read that a woman has left her husband and children to go and live with a Red Indian she met on the internet. Could it be said that her marriage was going through a bad Apache?'
Thousands of letters to the Daily Mail go unpublished every week - until now. Included in this collection of 'the best of the rest' are pithy notes from grammar pedants, serious contributions to debates of the day and hilarious misunderstandings, observations and experiences.
Corresponding on themes as diverse as Australian tree frogs, the legalisation of cannabis and Camilla Parker-Bowles, the letters of these Daily Mail readers chronicle life in an unmistakeably British way. Some were too oddball, some too polemical, obscure, outrageous or whimsical for initial publication, but all are remarkable for their unique insights into the way we live now...
Title: I've Said it Before...
Author: Andy Simpson; Andrew Simpson
More Literary Collections
The Scribner Anthology of Contemporary Short Fiction 2012 US$ 11.99 672 pages
The Other Wes Moore 2010 US$ 10.99
- Academic > Journalism and Media > Journalism. The periodical press, etc. > By region or country
- Academic > Literature > Journalism. The periodical press, etc. > By region or country
- Academic > Literature > Literary history > Collections
- Academic > Literature > Periodicals
- Academic > Literature > Theory. Philosophy. Esthetics