The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Anyone familiar with Zynga's Farmville understands how fun and addictive real-time social games can be. This hands-on guide shows you how to design and build one of these games from start to finish, with nothing but open source tools. You'll learn how to render graphics, animate with sprites, add sound, validate scores to prevent cheating, and more, using detailed examples and code samples.
- Use HTML5’s canvas element to build smooth animations with sprites
- Create an isometric grid pattern for high-performance graphics
- Design a GUI that works equally well on mobile devices and PCs
- Add sound to your game with HTML5’s audio element
- Implement the game’s path-finding function with WebWorkers
- Build a client data model on the server with PHP and MySQL
- Make your game come alive with dynamic CSS3 objects
154 pages; ISBN 9781449315788
, or download in or
Visual Basic in Easy Steps 2011 US$ 14.99 193 pages
Using Google Maps and Google Earth 2011 US$ 19.99 360 pages
A Practical Guide to Linux Commands, Editors, and Shell Programming, 3e 2012 US$ 39.99 1224 pages
HTML and CSS 2011 US$ 29.99 514 pages