The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
HTML5: The Missing Manual
HTML5 is more than a markup language—it's a dozen independent web standards all rolled into one. Until now, all it's been missing is a manual. With this thorough, jargon-free guide, you'll learn how to build web apps that include video tools, dynamic drawings, geolocation, offline web apps, drag-and-drop, and many other features. HTML5 is the future of the Web, and with this book you'll reach it quickly.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Structure web pages in a new way. Learn how HTML5 helps make web design tools and search engines work smarter.
- Add audio and video without plugins. Build playback pages that work in every browser.
- Draw with Canvas. Create shapes, pictures, text, and animation—and make them interactive.
- Go a long way with style. Use CSS3 and HTML5 to jazz up your pages and adapt them for mobile devices.
- Build web apps with rich desktop features. Let users work with your app offline, and process user-selected files in the browser.
- Create location-aware apps. Write geolocation applications directly in the browser.
448 pages; ISBN 9781449315269
, or download in
More from this author
Programming with Mathematica®: An Introduction 2013 US$ 76.00 732 pages
Head First C# 2010 US$ 39.99 840 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Operating systems (Computers); Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages
- Computers > Programming Languages > Java
- Computers > Programming Languages > HTML, SGML, VRML, XML
- Computers > Internet > World Wide Web
- Computers > Internet > Web Site Design