Springer Handbook of Materials Measurement Methods
This Springer Handbook of Metrology and Testing presents the principles of Metrology – the science of measurement – and the methods and techniques of Testing – determining the characteristics of a given product – as they apply to chemical and microstructural analysis, and to the measurement and testing of materials properties and performance, including modelling and simulation.
The principal motivation for this Handbook stems from the increasing demands of technology for measurement results that can be used globally. Measurements within a local laboratory or manufacturing facility must be able to be reproduced accurately anywhere in the world.
The book integrates knowledge from basic sciences and engineering disciplines, compiled by experts from internationally known metrology and testing institutions, and academe, as well as from industry, and conformity-assessment and accreditation bodies.
The Commission of the European Union has expressed this as there is no science without measurements, no quality without testing, and no global markets without standards.
1242 pages; ISBN 9783642166419
, or download in
Title: Springer Handbook of Materials Measurement Methods
Author: Leslie E. Smith
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology > Measurement
- Academic > Mathematics > General
- Technology > Engineering > Mechanical
- Technology > Engineering > Industrial
- Science > Chemistry > Technical & Industrial
- Science > Physics
- Science > Solid State Physics
- Technology > Quality Control
- Technology > Material Science