The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
The Mindfulness Solution to Pain
Step-by-step Techniques for Chronic Pain Management
Your mood, thoughts, and emotions can affect your perception of pain and even your ability to heal. In fact, your past life experiences influence your current physical challenges: “your biography influences your biology.” While treatments like medication and physical therapy can be enormously beneficial to the body, to maximize pain relief, it’s necessary to take advantage of the mind’s healing abilities. This book offers a revolutionary new treatment approach, mindfulness-based chronic pain management, that helps you harness your mind’s power to quiet your pain and put you in control.
Mindfulness practice, which includes stationary meditations, movement meditations, mindful art, and other strategies, will help you:
- Understand how emotions and thoughts affect physical symptoms
- Reverse the debilitating effects of some chronic pain conditions
- Prevent pain from becoming chronic or long-term
- Lift the anxiety and depression that may accompany chronic pain
224 pages; ISBN 9781608825370
, or download in or
More from this author
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for Depression, Second Edition2012US$ 57.00471 pages
- Wherever You Go, There You Are2009US$ 9.99471 pages