The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
The Tourist Gaze 3.0
The original Tourist Gaze was a classic, marking out a new land to study and appreciate. This new edition extends into fresh areas with the same passion and insight of the object. Even more essential reading!' - Nigel Thrift, Vice-Chancellor, Warwick University
This new edition of a seminal text restructures, reworks and remakes the groundbreaking previous versions making this book even more relevant for tourism students, researchers and designers. 'The tourist gaze' remains an agenda setting theory. Packed full of fascinating insights this major new edition intelligently broadens its theoretical and geographical scope to provide an account which responds to various critiques.
All chapters have been significantly revised to include up-to-date empirical data, many new case studies and fresh concepts. Three new chapters have been added which explore:
• photography and digitization
• embodied performances
• risks and alternative futures
This book is essential reading for all involved in contemporary tourism, leisure, cultural policy, design, economic regeneration, heritage and the arts.
296 pages; ISBN 9781446259924
, or download in or
More from this author
- Sociology Beyond Societies1999US$ 61.95273 pages
- Academic > Geography > Atlases > By region or country > America. Western Hemisphere > North America
- Academic > Geography > Travel. Voyages and travels (General) > Travel and state. Tourism
- Science > Geography
- Business > Industries > Hospitality, Travel & Tourism
- Social Science > Sociology
- Sports & Recreation