The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
A Quantitative Approach
The computing world today is in the middle of a revolution: mobile clients and cloud computing have emerged as the dominant paradigms driving programming and hardware innovation today. The Fifth Edition of Computer Architecture focuses on this dramatic shift, exploring the ways in which software and technology in the cloud are accessed by cell phones, tablets, laptops, and other mobile computing devices. Each chapter includes two real-world examples, one mobile and one datacenter, to illustrate this revolutionary change.
- Part of Intel's 2012 Recommended Reading List for Developers
- Updated to cover the mobile computing revolution
- Emphasizes the two most important topics in architecture today: memory hierarchy and parallelism in all its forms.
- Develops common themes throughout each chapter: power, performance, cost, dependability, protection, programming models, and emerging trends ("What's Next")
- Includes three review appendices in the printed text. Additional reference appendices are available online.
- Includes updated Case Studies and completely new exercises.
856 pages; ISBN 9780123838735
, or download in or
More from this author
Programming with Mathematica®: An Introduction 2013 US$ 76.00 732 pages
Head First C# 2010 US$ 39.99 840 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects
- Academic > Computer Science > System design; Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer architecture
- Computers > Computer Architecture
- Computers > Logic Design