The Painter's Workshop - Creative Composition & Design
Good composition and design is the underlying foundation of any successful painting. Let Pat Dews show you what good design really is while detailing the principles that can improve your work with every stroke.
You can learn how successful painters use the fundamentals of composition in unique ways to create gorgeous works of art in a variety of media, including watercolor, pastel, collage and more:
- Let light and shadow lead your composition
- Tell a story with the elements of design
- Construct a composition with color
- Allow a composition to evolve as you paint
- Move from literal interpretation to Impressionism
- Use your computer as a tool for creative design
She also illustrates how to bring every painting to a great finish through an invaluable critique of student work. It's all the information you need to start composing beautiful art the moment your brush hits the paper.
144 pages; ISBN 9781440317361
, or download in or
Title: The Painter's Workshop - Creative Composition & Design
Author: Pat Dews