Perspective Without Pain
Imagine perspective without pain?no T-squares, complicated equations or mechanical terms?just simple instructions and hands-on exercises to teach you how to create a sense of depth in your drawings and paintings. Now go a step further?imagine having fun with perspective. With this book, you will. Here Phil Metzger give you clear-cut guidelines in everyday terms?with a lot of friendliness and a little humor tossed in along the way. As an experienced artist, he understands how you work, and he knows that the last thing you need is a lot of rigid rules to tie you down. Here you'll learn techniques of perspective that will help your creativity?not hinder it.
You'll learn how to:
- Achieve the illusion of depth by gradually diminishing the sizes of?and the distance between?similar objects
- Use soft edged and less detail on objects in the background to make them seem farther away
- Introduce depth simply by manipulating color and value
- Draw from any viewpoint?on either side, above or below
- Draw accurate angles without complicated measuring devices
- Use perspective to track down the problem when something you've drawn just doesn't look right
- Measures relative sizes and add the details that make the difference between a convincing pictures and an awkward one
- Properly draw roads, paths, streets, fields and streams to suggest depth in a scene and to describe the flatness or hilliness of a landscape.
144 pages; ISBN 9781440311369
, or download in or
Title: Perspective Without Pain
Author: Phil Metzger