Breaking Into Freelance Illustration
A Guide for Artists, Designers and Illustrators
Build Your Own Thriving Illustration Business
The boundaries between art, design and illustration are blurring, and with all the new opportunities for visual creatives, now is the perfect time to unleash your talent on the world!
Breaking Into Freelance Illustration provides a step-by-step roadmap for promoting yourself and running your creative business. You'll find up-to-date advice about best business practices, ideas for new promotional tools, answers to common questions and words of wisdom and inspiration from top illustrators.
This book shows you how to:
- Set up a home office and balance your professional and personal life
- Create a professional portfolio and promote your work online
- Search out and negotiate with potential clients
- Create your own brand and work with an agent
- Develop a fair and accurate system for pricing your work
- Network within the creative community
Title: Breaking Into Freelance Illustration
Author: Holly DeWolf
Show Your Work! 2014 US$ 12.95 250 pages
Figure Flattering Plus-Size Fashions 2014 US$ 7.99 38 pages