An Introduction to the global standard for service management
A quick guide to better IT Service Management
Many organisations rely on a mishmash of different technologies and ad hoc working practices to deliver products and services. This makes it very difficult to make changes, measure effectiveness and improve service levels.
Better for you, better for your customers
Employing a structured IT Service Management system will enable your organisation to identify how to improve the service you deliver to your customers. The international standard for IT Service management is ISO/IEC 20000. Achieving compliance with this standard brings real operational benefits and shows new and potential customers that your organisation is efficient, reliable and trustworthy.
The ISO/IEC 20000 standard
This pocket guide is a handy reference to the key information on ISO/IEC 20000. It features an overview of the purpose of the standard and shows how to use it. It explains qualification programmes, certification schemes and the interrelationship of ISO20000 with other standards, such as ISO27001. The overall emphasis of the guide is on ISO20000's customer-driven approach to ensure your IT service management processes align with the needs of your business.
Specific benefits of ISO/IEC 20000
- Improve supplier relationships and establish a stronger supply chain capable of delivering on your commitments.
- Develop better employee coordination, and foster team spirit leading to more efficient and effective service delivery.
- Demonstrate the quality and reliability of your service management capability to existing and potential customers.
- Win new business with customer-focused organisations that make ISO/ IEC 20000 certification a requirement when awarding contracts.
- Ensure your IT service management processes align with the needs of your business and ultimately grow your business by improving your bottom line.
This pocket guide introduces the ISO/IEC 20000 standard and explains what your organisation needs to do to achieve compliance.
Make your IT service management work for your business with ISO20000
70 pages; ISBN 9781849283151
, or download in
Title: ISO/IEC 20000
Author: David Clifford