Medical Billing & Coding Demystified
Ever wonder how physicians and hospitals get paid? Thinking about a career as a medical insurance specialist? Find out what it takes to succeed in this challenging field -- even if you don't have formal training, unlimited time, and a genius IQ. Medical Billing and Coding Demystified offers an effective and enlightening way to learn how this complex system works.
This handy resource clearly explains the practices used by medical offices, hospitals, and healthcare facilities to encode medical services in order to receive payment from government agencies and insurance companies. You'll learn about the ethical and legal aspects of medical billing, and how to navigate insurance plans and the insurance claim cycle, including disputes. Featuring end-of-chapter quizzes and a final exam, this illuminating guide explains the complexities of medical billing and coding in no time at all.
This self-paced guide gives you:
- An easy way to understand how to code medical bills for payment
- An overview of medical billing software
- Proven strategies for finding a job in the healthcare industry
- A quiz at the end of each chapter to reinforce learning and pinpoint weaknesses
- A final exam at the end of the book
- No unnecessary technical jargon
- A time-saving approach to performing better on an exam at at work
Simple enough for a beginner, but challenging enough for an advanced student, Medical Billing and Coding Demystified is your shortcut to becoming an integral part of any healthcare team.
350 pages; ISBN 9780071631105
, or download in or
Title: Medical Billing & Coding Demystified
Author: Marilyn Burgos; Donya Johnson; Jim Keogh
Parting 2004 US$ 13.95 81 pages
Introduction to Telemedicine, second edition 2006 US$ 49.95 219 pages