The TAB Guide to Vacuum Tube Audio: Understanding and Building Tube Amps
Incorporate the "tube sound" into your home audio system
Learn how to work with vacuum tubes and construct high-quality audio amplifiers on your workbench with help from this hands-on, do-it-yourself resource. The TAB Guide to Vacuum Tube Audio: Understanding and Building Tube Amps explains tube theory and construction practices for the hobbyist.
Seven ready-to-build projects feature step-by-step instructions, detailed schematics, and layout tips. You'll also find out how to tweak the projects, each based on a classic RCA design, for your own custom-built amps.
- Principles and operational theory behind vacuum tubes
- Tube nomenclature, applications, and specifications
- Circuit layout, connections, and physical construction
- Finding and selecting the right components for the project
- Power supplies for vacuum tube circuits
- Preamplifier and power amplifier circuits
- Performance measurement
- Safety, maintenance, and troubleshooting techniques
- Tips on building your own tube-based system—and having fun in the process
This book is intended for hobbyists interested in adding the tube sound to any audio system. (Readers looking for high-performance audiophile books are urged to consider the McGraw-Hill books by Morgan Jones.)
Learn more at www.vacuumtubeaudio.info
Make Great Stuff!
TAB, an imprint of McGraw-Hill Professional, is a leading publisher of DIY technology books for makers, hackers, and electronics hobbyists.
368 pages; ISBN 9780071753227
, or download in or
Title: The TAB Guide to Vacuum Tube Audio: Understanding and Building Tube Amps
Author: Jerry Whitaker
Commercializing Successful Biomedical Technologies 2008 US$ 44.00 361 pages
Electronics All-in-One For Dummies 2013 US$ 31.99 843 pages