The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Principles of Uncertainty
An intuitive and mathematical introduction to subjective probability and Bayesian statistics.
An accessible, comprehensive guide to the theory of Bayesian statistics, Principles of Uncertainty presents the subjective Bayesian approach, which has played a pivotal role in game theory, economics, and the recent boom in Markov Chain Monte Carlo methods. Both rigorous and friendly, the book contains:
- Introductory chapters examining each new concept or assumption
- Just-in-time mathematics – the presentation of ideas just before they are applied
- Summary and exercises at the end of each chapter
- Discussion of maximization of expected utility
- The basics of Markov Chain Monte Carlo computing techniques
- Problems involving more than one decision-maker
Written in an appealing, inviting style, and packed with interesting examples, Principles of Uncertainty introduces the most compelling parts of mathematics, computing, and philosophy as they bear on statistics. Although many books present the computation of a variety of statistics and algorithms while barely skimming the philosophical ramifications of subjective probability, this book takes a different tack. By addressing how to think about uncertainty, this book gives readers the intuition and understanding required to choose a particular method for a particular purpose.
494 pages; ISBN 9781439861622
, or download in
Title: Principles of Uncertainty
Author: Joseph B. Kadane
Discovering Statistics using IBM SPSS Statistics 2013 US$ 88.00 953 pages
Modeling Count Data 2014 US$ 30.00 302 pages