The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
REST API Design Rulebook
In today’s market, where rival web services compete for attention, a well-designed REST API is a must-have feature. This concise book presents a set of API design rules, drawn primarily from best practices that stick close to the Web’s REST architectural style. Along with rules for URI design and HTTP use, you’ll learn guidelines for media types and representational forms.
REST APIs are ubiquitous, but few of them follow a consistent design methodology. Using these simple rules, you will design web service APIs that adhere to recognized web standards. To assist you, author Mark Massé introduces the Web Resource Modeling Language (WRML), a conceptual framework he created for the design and implementation of REST APIs.
- Learn design rules for addressing resources with URIs
- Apply design principles to HTTP’s request methods and response status codes
- Work with guidelines for conveying metadata through HTTP headers and media types
- Understand why REST APIs should be designed and configured, not coded
114 pages; ISBN 9781449319915
, or download in or
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects > Computer Brands > IBM 1130 ; Programming
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Internet > Web Site Design
- Computers > Internet > World Wide Web
- Computers > Programming