The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
It’s tough to argue with R as a high-quality, cross-platform, open source statistical software product—unless you’re in the business of crunching Big Data. This concise book introduces you to several strategies for using R to analyze large datasets. You’ll learn the basics of Snow, Multicore, Parallel, and some Hadoop-related tools, including how to find them, how to use them, when they work well, and when they don’t.
With these packages, you can overcome R’s single-threaded nature by spreading work across multiple CPUs, or offloading work to multiple machines to address R’s memory barrier.
- Snow: works well in a traditional cluster environment
- Multicore: popular for multiprocessor and multicore computers
- Parallel: part of the upcoming R 2.14.0 release
- R+Hadoop: provides low-level access to a popular form of cluster computing
- RHIPE: uses Hadoop’s power with R’s language and interactive shell
- Segue: lets you use Elastic MapReduce as a backend for lapply-style operations
122 pages; ISBN 9781449320331
, or download in or
More from this author
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages > C ; Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages > REXX
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Programming Languages
- Computers > Programming