The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
The Angry Earth
Disaster in Anthropological Perspective
This work takes a close look at disasters and the response of victims in the immediate aftermath and over the long-run. It demonstrates how disasters arise from human propensity to take risks which make them vulnerable to cataclysms, whether natural or technologically related. This collection is the first to adequately represent the cultural, historical and geographical scope and complexities of the problem of disaster. It introduces a range of perspectives and arguments, with compelling examples.
256 pages; ISBN 9781136755583
, or download in or
More Social Science
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Emergency management > Relief in case of disasters
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Social service. Social work. Charity organization and practice
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Alcoholism. Intemperance. Temperance reform
- Academic > Anthropology > Ethnology. Social and cultural anthropology
- Social Science > Anthropology > Cultural
- Social Science > Social Issues
- Social Science > Criminology