The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Approaches, Practices and Evaluations
This book examines several types of crime prevention approaches and their goals, including those that are designed to prevent conditions that foster deviance, those directed toward persons or conditions with a high potential for deviance, and those for persons who have already committed crimes. This edition provides research and information on all aspects of crime prevention, including the physical environment and crime, neighborhood crime prevention, the mass media and crime prevention, crime displacement and diffusion, prediction, community policing, drugs, schools, and electronic monitoring and home confinement.
- Key terms and learning objectives supplement each chapter.
- A glossary defines terms from the text.
More Social Science
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminal justice administration > Prevention of crime, methods, etc.
- Academic > Public Affairs > Criminal justice administration > Prevention of crime, methods, etc.
- Political Science > Political Freedom & Security > Law Enforcement
- Law > Criminal Law
- Social Science > Criminology