The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Practical Business Statistics
Practical Business Statistics, Sixth Edition, is a conceptual, realistic, and matter-of-fact approach to managerial statistics that carefully maintains–but does not overemphasize–mathematical correctness. The book offers a deep understanding of how to learn from data and how to deal with uncertainty while promoting the use of practical computer applications. This teaches present and future managers how to use and understand statistics without an overdose of technical detail, enabling them to better understand the concepts at hand and to interpret results. The text uses excellent examples with real world data relating to the functional areas within Business such as finance, accounting, and marketing. It is well written and designed to help students gain a solid understanding of fundamental statistical principles without bogging them down with excess mathematical details.
• User-friendly, lively writing style.
• Separate writing chapter aids instructors in teaching how to explain
• Over 200 carefully-drawn charts and graphs show how to visualize data.
• Data mining is a theme that appears in many chapters, often featuring
a large database (included on the website) of characteristics of 20,000
potential donors to a worthy cause and the amount actually given in
response to a mailing.
• Many of the examples and problems in the sixth edition have been updated
with more recent data sets, and the ever-changing Internet continues to be
featured as a data source.
• Each chapter begins with an overview, showing why the subject is
important to business, and ends with a comprehensive summary, with
key words, questions, problems, database exercises, projects, and
cases in most chapters.
• All details are technically accurate (Professor Siegel has a PhD in Statistics
from Stanford University and has given presentations on exploratory data
analysis with its creator) while the book concentrates on the understanding
and use of statistics by managers.
• Features that have worked well for students and instructors in the first five
editions have been retained.
640 pages; ISBN 9780123852090
, or download in
The Power of Full Engagement 2003 US$ 11.65 288 pages
Economics for the IB Diploma 2011 US$ 38.00 746 pages