Soil and Environmental Chemistry

Soil and Environmental Chemistry by William F. Bleam

Soil and Environmental Chemistry emphasizes the problem-solving skills students will need when they enter their chosen field. This revised reprint links valuable soil chemical concepts to the "big picture" by discussing how other soil and environmental factors affect soil chemistry. This broader environmental approach makes the text relevant to today’s soil science curriculums.

This book uses computer modeling for water and soil chemistry, providing students with the models used by practicing environmental chemists. It includes examples and complex problems with worked solutions, as well as examples based on real data that expose students to the real problems and data they will face in their careers. It also provides edits to formulas, numbers, and text.

This text will serve as a useful resource for upper-level undergraduate students studying soil chemistry without an extensive background in calculus and only limited background in physical chemistry, such as soil science majors and environmental science majors.

• Use of computer modeling for water and soil chemistry provides students with the models used by practicing environmental chemists
  • Examples and complex problems with worked solutions included throughout the text
  • Examples based on real data provide exposure to the real problems and data students will face in their careers
Elsevier Science; July 2011
Title: Soil and Environmental Chemistry
Author: William F. Bleam