The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Report Writing for Criminal Justice Professionals
So much of the process of criminal justice depends on good documentation, and criminal justice professionals can spend as much as 50-75% of their time writing up administrative and research reports. Much of the legal process depends on the careful documentation that records crucial information. And yet most of these law enforcement, security, corrections, and probation and parole officers have not had adequate training in how to provide a well-written, accurate, brief, and complete report. Report Writing for Criminal Justice Professionals provides practical advice on report writing -- with specific writing samples and guidelines. The authors go beyond the routine English grammar approach to deal with the difficult but often-ignored problem of documentation that will hold up in court. Important concepts are emphasized with related checklists, forms, and pull-out chapter tests. The material is organized into three sections: The Nature of Report Writing, The Mechanics of Report Writing, and The Modernization of Report Writing
NEW TO THIS EDITION Updated and revised with new material on forensics and scientific reports, crime reporting, common errors in forensic reports, and automation of report writing. Appendixes are thoroughly revised, with new examples of reporting forms, worksheets, and reports, including a sample forensic lab report and presentence investigation report.
440 pages; ISBN 9781437755855
, or download in or
More from this author
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminal justice administration > Police. Detectives. Constabulary > Administration and organization
- Academic > Public Affairs > Criminal justice administration > Police. Detectives. Constabulary > Administration and organization
- Political Science > Political Freedom & Security > Law Enforcement
- Law > Criminal Law
- Social Science > Social Issues
- Social Science > Criminology
- Social Science > Penology
- Reference > Writing Skills