The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Selected Classic Readings
A distinguished collection of readings representing the fundamental perspectives of criminology theory, this anthology presents original classics that are intelligible to undergraduates as well as graduates. Classic works from criminologists such as Cesare Beccaria, Jeremy Bentham, Cesare Lombroso, Clifford R. Shaw and Henry D. McKay, Thorsten Sellin, Edwin H. Sutherland, Ronald L. Akers, Robert K. Merton, Albert K. Cohen, Richard A. Cloward and Lloyd E. Ohlin, Walter B. Miller, Howard S. Becker, Edwin M. Lemert, Richard Quinney, Steven Spitzer, Austin T. Turk, Gresham M. Sykes and David Matza, Walter C. Reckless, Travis Hirschi, Lawrence E. Cohen and Marcus Felson, and Dorie Klein.
- The authors provide organization and context to a collection of writings from renowned and respected criminologists.
- A brief criminologist profile precedes each presentation of a classic article written by that criminologist.
350 pages; ISBN 9781437755367
, or download in or
More Social Science
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Emergency management > Relief in case of disasters > Special types of disasters
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Social service. Social work. Charity organization and practice
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminology
- Political Science > Political Freedom & Security > Law Enforcement
- Social Science > Criminology