Effective Police Supervision STUDY GUIDE
Good police officers are often promoted into supervisory positions with little or no training for what makes a good manager. Effective Police Supervision is positioned to be the core text in college-level classes on supervisory practices in criminal justice and will provide students with an understanding of the group behaviors and organizational dynamics necessary to understand the fundamentals of police administration. This Study Guide gives students a place to test themselves and review the material so they are well prepared for their examinations.
NEW THIS EDITION Following the changes to the Effective Police Supervision textbook, this Study Guide has a new title and approach for Chapter 2: Community-Oriented Policing and Problem Solving -- Improving Neighborhood Quality of Life. It has moved the discussion of training into Chapter 9 and has added a new Chapter 16, Homeland Security and Terrorism—A Changing Role.
- Helps the student to grasp key concepts and synthesize the material in a meaningful and applicable way that goes beyond learning by rote.
- Learning Objectives and Key Terms help the reader to focus on key material as they read the text.
- Questions and answer key give the reader the opportunity to measure how well they are grasping the material.
Title: Effective Police Supervision STUDY GUIDE
Author: Larry S. Miller; Michael C. Braswell
More Social Science
Angels in America: A Gay Fantasia on National Themes 2014 US$ 16.99 361 pages
When Breath Becomes Air 2016 US$ 12.99 240 pages
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminal justice administration > Police. Detectives. Constabulary > Administration and organization
- Academic > Public Affairs > Criminal justice administration > Police. Detectives. Constabulary > Administration and organization
- Political Science > Political Freedom & Security > Law Enforcement
- Law > Criminal Law
- Law > Criminal Procedure
- Social Science > Social Issues
- Social Science > Criminology
- Study Aids