The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Effective Police Supervision STUDY GUIDE
Good police officers are often promoted into supervisory positions with little or no training for what makes a good manager. Effective Police Supervision is positioned to be the core text in college-level classes on supervisory practices in criminal justice and will provide students with an understanding of the group behaviors and organizational dynamics necessary to understand the fundamentals of police administration. This Study Guide gives students a place to test themselves and review the material so they are well prepared for their examinations.
NEW THIS EDITION Following the changes to the Effective Police Supervision textbook, this Study Guide has a new title and approach for Chapter 2: Community-Oriented Policing and Problem Solving -- Improving Neighborhood Quality of Life. It has moved the discussion of training into Chapter 9 and has added a new Chapter 16, Homeland Security and Terrorism-A Changing Role.
- Helps the student to grasp key concepts and synthesize the material in a meaningful and applicable way that goes beyond learning by rote.
- Learning Objectives and Key Terms help the reader to focus on key material as they read the text.
- Questions and answer key give the reader the opportunity to measure how well they are grasping the material.
144 pages; ISBN 9781437744491
, or download in or
More from this author
- Effective Police Supervision2010US$ 66.95612 pages
- Developments in Handwriting and Signature Identification in the Digital Age2012US$ 16.95149 pages
More Social Science
- Academic > Sociology > Social pathology. Social and public welfare. Criminology > Criminal justice administration > Police. Detectives. Constabulary > Administration and organization
- Academic > Public Affairs > Criminal justice administration > Police. Detectives. Constabulary > Administration and organization
- Political Science > Political Freedom & Security > Law Enforcement
- Law > Criminal Law
- Law > Criminal Procedure
- Social Science > Criminology
- Study Aids