The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
The Writer's Digest Guide to Science Fiction & Fantasy
Craft an otherworldly experience for your readers!
Do you dream of writing tales that pull readers into extraordinary realms? The Writer's Digest Guide to Science Fiction & Fantasy gives you everything you need to build a fantastic world, inhabit it with original and believable characters, and create an authentic and enthralling story.
Two complete books in one, this comprehensive guide includes invaluable and timeless advice for writing and selling speculative fiction from best-selling author Orson Scott Card's How to Write Science Fiction & Fantasy, as well as world-building information and instruction from the indispensable classic The Writer's Complete Fantasy Reference.You'll discover:
- how to wield story elements that "define" the science fiction and fantasy genres
- ways to build, populate and dramatize fantastic new worlds
- how to construct compelling stories by developing ideas, characters, and events that keep readers turning pages
- historically accurate information about world cultures, legends, folklore and mysticism
- how to authentically portray the rituals of magic and witchcraft
- in-depth descriptions of mythological creatures, fantasy races, clothing, weapons, armor, and more
The boundaries of your imagination are infinite, but to truly hook your reader you must ground your fiction with credible details. Let this book be your guide as you venture into the fantastic and you'll create vibrant, captivating new worlds that spring off the page.
434 pages; ISBN 9781599631578
, or download in
Title: The Writer's Digest Guide to Science Fiction & Fantasy
Author: Orson Scott Card; Editors of Writers Digest Books