The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
3D Game Textures
Create Professional Game Art Using Photoshop
A broadly enhanced new edition of Luke Ahearn's cornerstone game art book "3D Game Textures" is here. When digital art software was in its infancy, most digital art, especially vector art, was textureless. With the advance in software, it is now possible to incorporate texture into most types of digital art. However, if the artists cannot build their own textures, they are limited to using commercial textures. In this enhanced 3rd edition of Luke Ahearn's gem of a book, not only does Luke teach you how to create your own unique textures, he also teaches how to create shaders (the visual effects - reflections, refractions, opacity - that make textures come to life) and materials (collections of shaders that fill well together to map to a particular scene or environment). You can now expand your skill set immeasurably, and create more compelling, varied art work from scratch. Unlike anything on the market, this book provides an in-depth guide to game textures, shaders and materials- with hundreds of high-quality examples. The companion website includes: demo versions of relevant software; resource images; all images from the book.
- Learn everything you need to create stunning, professional textures from one easy to follow guide which features tutorials and over 500 high-quality images.
- Give your digital art depth and breadth; anyone can create a stone surface in Photoshop, learn to make that stone shine like it is wet, look as if it has actual depth and surface.
- NEW coverage of shaders and materials (the next generation of textures). Advance your CG art with textures (surface images), shaders (visual effects that you can add to textures) and materials (collections of shaders that fit well together).
- Companion website includes sample textures, shaders, materials, actions, brushes, and all art from the book- all the tools you need in one place!
416 pages; ISBN 9780240821283
, or download in or
Programming with Mathematica®: An Introduction 2013 US$ 76.00 732 pages
Head First C# 2010 US$ 39.99 840 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Operating systems (Computers); Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer software > Computer games; Programming
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Computer Graphics