The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Corporations Are Not People
Why They Have More Rights Than You Do and What You Can Do About It
The Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision marked a culminating victory for the bizarre doctrine that corporations are people with free speech and other rights. Now, Americans cannot stop corporations from spending billions of dollars to dominate elections and keep our elected representatives on a tight leash. Jeffrey Clements reveals the far-reaching effects of this strange and destructive idea, which flies in the face of not only all common sense but most of American legal history as well. Most importantly, he offers solutions—including a constitutional amendment to reverse Citizens United—and tools to help readers join a grassroots drive to implement them. Ending corporate control of our Constitution and government is not about a triumph of one political ideology over another—it’s about restoring the republican principles of American democracy.
The Power of Full Engagement 2003 US$ 11.65 288 pages
Economics for the IB Diploma 2011 US$ 38.00 746 pages
- Academic > Public Affairs > Public Affairs > United States
- Academic > Public Affairs > Public Affairs > United States > State government
- Academic > Public Affairs > Political institutions and public administration > General. Comparative government > Political rights. Political participation
- Academic > Political Science > Political institutions and public administration (United States) > Capital. Public buildings. Government property. Government purchasing > State government
- Political Science > Civil Rights
- Social Science > Citizenship
- Business > Government & Business
- Business > Management