The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
The Routledge Companion to World Literature
In the age of globalization, the category of "World Literature" is increasingly important to academic teaching and research. The Routledge Companion to World Literature offers a comprehensive pathway into this burgeoning and popular field.
Separated into four key sections, the volume covers:
- the history of World Literature through significant writers and theorists from Goethe to Said, Casanova and Moretti
- the disciplinary relationship of World Literature to areas such as philology, translation, globalization and diaspora studies
- theoretical issues in World Literature including gender, politics and ethics
- a global perspective on the politics of World Literature.
The forty-eight outstanding contributors to this companion offer an ideal introduction to those approaching the field for the first time, or looking to further their knowledge of this extensive field.
544 pages; ISBN 9781136655753
, or download in or
More Literary Criticism
The Plum in the Golden Vase or, Chin P'ing Mei 2013 US$ 39.95 720 pages
Shakespeare and the Digital World 2014 US$ 24.00 280 pages
Paradise, Death and Doomsday in Anglo-Saxon Literature 2001 US$ 37.00 224 pages
Heller's Catch-22 1999 US$ 5.99 36 pages
- Academic > Journalism and Media > Journalism. The periodical press, etc. > By region or country
- Academic > Literature > Journalism. The periodical press, etc. > By region or country
- Academic > Literature > Literary history > Collections
- Academic > Literature > Periodicals
- Academic > Literature > Theory. Philosophy. Esthetics
- Literary Criticism > Semiotics & Literary Theory