The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
The Routledge Companion to World Literature
In the age of globalization, the category of "World Literature" is increasingly important to academic teaching and research. The Routledge Companion to World Literature offers a comprehensive pathway into this burgeoning and popular field.
Separated into four key sections, the volume covers:
- the history of World Literature through significant writers and theorists from Goethe to Said, Casanova and Moretti
- the disciplinary relationship of World Literature to areas such as philology, translation, globalization and diaspora studies
- theoretical issues in World Literature including gender, politics and ethics
- a global perspective on the politics of World Literature.
The forty-eight outstanding contributors to this companion offer an ideal introduction to those approaching the field for the first time, or looking to further their knowledge of this extensive field.
544 pages; ISBN 9781136655753
, or download in or
More from this author
More Literary Criticism
The Literature Review 2012 US$ 31.95 201 pages
Brown's Manchild in the Promised Land 1999 US$ 5.99 49 pages
How to Read a Book 2011 US$ 12.38 426 pages
The Scribner Anthology of Contemporary Short Fiction 2012 US$ 15.30 672 pages
- Academic > Journalism and Media > Journalism. The periodical press, etc. > By region or country
- Academic > Literature > Journalism. The periodical press, etc. > By region or country
- Academic > Literature > Literary history > Collections
- Academic > Literature > Periodicals
- Academic > Literature > Theory. Philosophy. Esthetics
- Literary Criticism > Semiotics & Literary Theory