Portrait and Candid Photography Photo Workshop
Taking great "people pictures" isn't a matter of luck. The secret is in observing your subjects and connecting with them, and then using your camera to its best advantage. This new edition uses full-color photos to demonstrate how to work with lighting, location, angle, composition, physical characteristics, and environment in either portrait or candid situations. Professional photographer and veteran author Erin Manning offers invaluable advice for handling the unique challenges of photographing babies, large and small groups, and action.
Assignments at the end of each chapter encourage you to test your newfound skills, while visiting pwsbooks.com allows you to post your work and benefit from feedback and constructive criticism.
- Explains how to study your subjects in their natural habitat, while you observe how they react and interact
- Features invaluable advice from veteran author Erin Manning that shares simple techniques for improving photos of babies and children
- Zeroes in on how to best capture facial expressions
- Highlights ways to tell a story with a series of candid photos
- Helps you add interest to large-group shots
When you apply the techniques featured on the pages of Portrait and Candid Photography Photo Workshop, 2nd Edition, you'll watch your subjects come to life.
304 pages; ISBN 9781118190869
, or download in or
Title: Portrait and Candid Photography Photo Workshop
Author: Erin Manning
Understanding Exposure, 3rd Edition 2010 US$ 14.99 176 pages
Mastering the Nikon D7000 2011 US$ 27.99 497 pages