Have a Nice Conflict
How to Find Success and Satisfaction in the Most Unlikely Places
From the publishers of the popular Strength Deployment Inventory, Have a Nice Conflict follows one man's fight to rescue his sinking career. Sales manager John Doyle would consider his career a success—he's his company's top revenue driver, and his take-charge attitude gets the job done. However, when he is passed over for promotion—again—after losing two direct reports, who cite his abrasive style as their reason for leaving, John is forced to reassess how he approaches his relationships. With the help of Mac, an expert in the art of Relationship Awareness Theory, John learns the three stages of conflict, and how he reacts in each.
Once John recognizes his own values and trigger points, as well those of other people, he becomes able to better navigate terse situations, express his points in a way that resonates for other people, and even avoid conflict altogether. Equipped with this new understanding of how other people interpret and react to conflict, John soon finds all the relationships in his life—both at work and at home—improving.
- Reveals a practical understanding of how conflict really works
- Shows how to recognize its initial stages of conflict, how to navigate it better to diffuse a situation, and how to understand the values of the other person to better frame your point for them
- Provides guidance for moving beyond conflict to enhance relationships
- Includes a five-step framework (anticipate, prevent, identify, manage, and resolve) and tools for locating conflict triggers in ourselves and others
Anyone can profit from the tools in this book to understand and take control over conflict.
240 pages; ISBN 9781118219393
, or download in or
Title: Have a Nice Conflict
Author: Tim Scudder; Michael Patterson; Kent Mitchell
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Large industry. Factory system. Big business > Industrial policy
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Management. Industrial management
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Industry
- Business > Management
- Business > Motivational