Have a Nice Conflict
How to Find Success and Satisfaction in the Most Unlikely Places
From the publishers of the popular Strength DeploymentInventory, Have a Nice Conflict follows one man's fight torescue his sinking career. Sales manager John Doyle would considerhis career a success—he's his company's top revenue driver,and his take-charge attitude gets the job done. However, when he ispassed over for promotion—again—after losing two directreports, who cite his abrasive style as their reason for leaving,John is forced to reassess how he approaches his relationships.With the help of Mac, an expert in the art of RelationshipAwareness Theory, John learns the three stages of conflict, and howhe reacts in each.
Once John recognizes his own values and trigger points, as wellthose of other people, he becomes able to better navigate tersesituations, express his points in a way that resonates for otherpeople, and even avoid conflict altogether. Equipped with this newunderstanding of how other people interpret and react to conflict,John soon finds all the relationships in his life—both atwork and at home—improving.
- Reveals a practical understanding of how conflict reallyworks
- Shows how to recognize its initial stages of conflict, how tonavigate it better to diffuse a situation, and how to understandthe values of the other person to better frame your point forthem
- Provides guidance for moving beyond conflict to enhancerelationships
- Includes a five-step framework (anticipate, prevent, identify,manage, and resolve) and tools for locating conflict triggers inourselves and others
Anyone can profit from the tools in this book to understand andtake control over conflict.
240 pages; ISBN 9781118219393
, or download in or
Title: Have a Nice Conflict
Author: Tim Scudder; Michael Patterson; Kent Mitchell
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Large industry. Factory system. Big business > Industrial policy
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Management. Industrial management
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Industry
- Business > Management
- Business > Motivational