AARP The Little Book of Economics
How the Economy Works in the Real World
One positive side-effect of the recent financial market meltdownthat toppled giant, century-old institutions and cost millionstheir jobs is that it created a strong desire among many Americansto better understand how the U.S. economy functions. InTheLittle Book of Economics, Greg, Ip, one of thecountry's most recognized and respected economics journalists,walks readers through how the economy really works.
Written for the inquisitive layman who doesn't want to plowthrough academic jargon and Greek letters or pore over charts andtables, The Little Book of Economics offers indispensibleinsight into how the American economy works – or, doesn't.With engaging and accessible prose, the book
- Provides a comprehensive understanding of each aspect of oureconomy from inflation and unemployment to international trade andfinance
- Serves as an insider's guide to the people and institutionsthat control America's economy such as the Federal Reserve and thefederal budget
- Explains the roots of America's current economic crisis and therisks the country faces in its aftermath, such as stratosphericgovernment debt, while offering advice on overcoming thesethreats
- Walks readers through the basic concepts and terminology theyneed to understand economic news
- Punctures myths and political spin from both the left and theright with candid and often surprising insight
A must read for anyone who wants a better grasp of the economywithout taking a course in economics , The Little Book ofEconomicsis a unique and engaging look at how the economy worksin all its wonderful and treacherous ways.
, or download in or
Title: AARP The Little Book of Economics
Author: Greg Ip
The SPEED of Trust 2006 US$ 12.99 384 pages
A Gentle Introduction to Optimization 2014 US$ 32.00 284 pages