Frommer's Istanbul Day By Day
- Includes special interest tours that appeal to families, arts and music lovers, history buffs and architectural fans.
- Details great neighbourhood walking tours through Istiklal Caddesi, Eyup Sacred Sites, Tunel to Karakoy, Uskudar, Eminonu to Sultanahmet, Fener & Balat, and Beyazit's Bazaars & Mosques.
- Discover exciting day trips from the city to Princes' Island and Edirne.
- Where to Shop, Eat, see the best Arts & Entertainment and the Best Places to Stay.
- Helpful tips and all you need to know to make the most of your trip in the Savvy Traveller chapter.
- Maps to accompany every tour as well as a fold-out regional map in plastic case.
Day by Day guides are short and punchy city guides that direct travellers on a short break around the city in the most effective way. The guides are aimed at sophisticated travellers who are looking for a very accessible read to help make the most of their stay. Through the use of special-interest tours in the books, travellers are able to get a good idea of the geography of their city instantly before exploring it in an interesting way, giving people some surprising choices for what to see and do, that they might not have thought to consider normally. These travellers know that there's a kind of science to organizing your time on a trip, to avoid a lot of needless backtracking or overbooking, and Day by Days provide this information in an accessible way.
Title: Frommer's Istanbul Day By Day
Author: Emma Levine
A Short History of Nearly Everything: Special Illustrated Edition 2010 US$ 12.99 624 pages
Roughing It 2010 US$ 3.99 712 pages
- Academic > History > History of Balkan Peninsula > Turkey > Local history and description (European Turkey) > Istanbul (Constantinople)
- Academic > History > History of Balkan Peninsula > Bulgaria > History > Military and political history. Foreign relations
- Travel > Europe > Eastern > Turkey
- Travel > Reference