Disability and Campus Dynamics

New Directions for Higher Education, Number 154

Disability and Campus Dynamics by Wendy S. Harbour
Prepare your institution for a new generation of disabilityservices that embraces the growing student, as well as staff andfaculty population with disabilities. Legal compliance, reasonableaccommodations, classroom instruction issues, strategies to improvethe campus climate and more--this volume examines what disabilityservices may have to offer, and have cmapuses and disabilityservice professionals may need to collaborate or expand traditionalnotions of disability and disability services.

Volume editors Wendy S. Harbour, Lawrence B. Taishoff Professorof Inclusive Education at Syracuse University, and Joseph W.Madaus, co-director of the Center on Postsecondary Education andDisability, assemble an introduction, and overview of disabilityservices. Contributing authors examine campus case-studies,procedures and terminology, legal compliance and disabilityservices for staff and faculty. The volume concludes with a broadview of disability itself and how its role as a part of campusdiversity.

This is the 154th volume of the Jossey-Bass quarterly reportseries New Directions for Higher Education. Addressedto presidents, vice presidents, deans, and other higher-educationdecision-makers on all kinds of campuses, New Directions forHigher Education provides timely information andauthoritative advice about major issues and administrative problemsconfronting every institution.

Wiley; June 2011
Title: Disability and Campus Dynamics
Author: Wendy S. Harbour; Joseph W. Madaus

Buy, download and read Disability and Campus Dynamics (eBook) by Wendy S. Harbour; Joseph W. Madaus today!