The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Switching to a Mac Portable Genius
Anyone considering making the move to Mac from the Windows world will find this book smoothes the way. While Macs are famous for ease of use, there are fundamental differences in Mac and PC ways of thinking, plus there?s the hassle of moving files, calendars, and other essential data from one platform to another. This guide lays out all the information, explains basic Mac procedures for the newcomer, offers great tips on data-sharing (including running Windows applications on a Mac), and provides everything the new Mac user needs to move forward with confidence.
- Mac sales have recently surpassed the sales of new PCs, and many new Mac users are trying to adjust to a different way of working with the computer and struggling to transfer essential data from an old PC to the Mac
- Portable Genius books focus on the most accessible, useful information and deliver it in the most direct way: exactly what these users want
- Covers the basics that new Mac users need to get started, intermediate-level information to help them make the most of the Mac, and plenty of advice on transferring important data, running Windows applications on the Mac via Boot Camp, maintaining a Mac, and more
With help from Switching to a Mac Portable Genius, Second Edition, former PC users will find themselves comfortable in the Mac world in no time.
384 pages; ISBN 9781118159385
, or download in or
No Place to Hide 2014 US$ 12.99 256 pages
Program Logics for Certified Compilers 2014 US$ 14.99 469 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects > Computer Brands > IBM 1130 ; Programming
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects > Computer Brands > Atari computer
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects > Computer Brands > Apple II
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects > Computer Brands > Apple II ; Programming
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Operating Systems > Macintosh
- Computers > Personal Computers & Microcomputers
- Computers > Hardware