Culinary Careers For Dummies
Ever dream of exploring an exciting career in culinary arts orcooking but don't know where to begin? Culinary Careers ForDummies is the perfect book for anyone who dreams of gettinginto the culinary profession. Whether you're a student, anup-and-coming chef looking for direction, or are simply interestedin reinventing yourself and trying your hand at a new career,Culinary Careers For Dummies provides the essentialinformation every culinary novice needs to enter and excel in thefood service industry.
Packed with advice on selecting a culinary school and tips forusing your degree to land your dream job, Culinary Careers ForDummies offers up-to-the-minute information on: culinarytraining, degrees, and certificates; the numerous career optionsavailable (chef, chef's assistant, pastry chef, food stylist,caterer, line cook, restaurant publicist/general manager,Sommelier, menu creator, food writer, consultant/investor, etc.)and the paths to get there; basic culinary concepts and methods;advice on finding a niche in the culinary world; culinary corecompetencies; food safety and proper food handling; real-lifedescriptions of what to expect on the job; and how to land a greatculinary job.
- Expert guidance on cooking up your career plan to enter thefood service industry
- Tips and advice on what to study to get you where you'reheaded
- Packed with information on the many career options in theculinary field
Culinary Careers For Dummies is a one-stop reference foranyone who is interested in finding a career in this growing andlucrative field.
408 pages; ISBN 9781118168363
, or download in or
Title: Culinary Careers For Dummies
Author: Michele Thomas; Annette Tomei; Tracey Biscontini
The Social Entrepreneur's Playbook, Expanded Edition 2013 US$ 9.99 235 pages
How To Win Friends and Influence People 2010 US$ 10.99 320 pages
- Academic > Hospitality Studies > Food service > Food service; Vocational guidance; United States
- Academic > Hospitality Studies > Hospitality industry
- Academic > Family and Consumer Sciences > Hospitality industry
- Business > Industries > Hospitality, Travel & Tourism
- Business > Job Hunting
- Business > Careers
- Food and Wine