The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Culinary Careers For Dummies
Ever dream of exploring an exciting career in culinary arts or cooking but don't know where to begin? Culinary Careers For Dummies is the perfect book for anyone who dreams of getting into the culinary profession. Whether you're a student, an up-and-coming chef looking for direction, or are simply interested in reinventing yourself and trying your hand at a new career, Culinary Careers For Dummies provides the essential information every culinary novice needs to enter and excel in the food service industry.
Packed with advice on selecting a culinary school and tips for using your degree to land your dream job, Culinary Careers For Dummies offers up-to-the-minute information on: culinary training, degrees, and certificates; the numerous career options available (chef, chef's assistant, pastry chef, food stylist, caterer, line cook, restaurant publicist/general manager, Sommelier, menu creator, food writer, consultant/investor, etc.) and the paths to get there; basic culinary concepts and methods; advice on finding a niche in the culinary world; culinary core competencies; food safety and proper food handling; real-life descriptions of what to expect on the job; and how to land a great culinary job.
- Expert guidance on cooking up your career plan to enter the food service industry
- Tips and advice on what to study to get you where you're headed
- Packed with information on the many career options in the culinary field
Culinary Careers For Dummies is a one-stop reference for anyone who is interested in finding a career in this growing and lucrative field.
408 pages; ISBN 9781118168363
, or download in or
The Five Most Important Questions You Will Ever Ask About Your Organization 2008 US$ 14.95 144 pages
Business Adventures 2014 US$ 14.99 400 pages
- Academic > Hospitality Studies > Food service > Food service; Vocational guidance; United States
- Academic > Hospitality Studies > Hospitality industry
- Academic > Family and Consumer Sciences > Hospitality industry
- Business > Industries > Hospitality, Travel & Tourism
- Business > Job Hunting
- Business > Careers
- Food and Wine