The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
A Contextual Approach to Sustainable Land Planning and Site Design
This carefully conceived book is the first to detail each crucial step in the site analysis and planning process, from site selection through design development. It shows how these activities are integrated to arrive at a site plan that successfully balances the needs of the client and other stakeholders with the site's suitability for the intended land uses. With more than 130 illustrations, this book includes many outstanding examples of maps and site plans created by leading land planning firms. It offers guidance on:
* Site identification, evaluation, and selection
* Site inventories of physical, biological, and cultural attributes
* Land use suitability analysis using Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
* Concept planning and design development
* Graphic communication with clients, government agencies, and other stakeholders
Filled with need-to-know information on the entire land planning and design process, Site Analysis is a vital addition to the library of students and professionals in landscape architecture, urban design and planning, and related areas.
This book will fill a void in the academic market by offering a comprehensive introduction to all stages of the site analysis process. The Second Edition of Site Analysis will detail each phase of the land planning and site design process, explain the influence of site and contextual conditions conditions on land use development and conservation decisions. It will also provide a valuable resource for professionals seeking design solutions for successful land use.
Content from this book is available as an online continuing professional education course at http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-320255.html#sustainable_site. WileyCPE courses are available on demand, 24 hours a day, and are approved by the American Institute of Architects.
384 pages; ISBN 9781118174555
, or download in or
More Political Science
- Academic > Visual Arts > Architecture
- Academic > Visual Arts > Architecture > General
- Academic > Visual Arts > Architecture > General works
- Academic > Visual Arts > Architecture > Architectural criticism
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theaters > Other countries A-Z
- Academic > Economics
- Architecture > Design & Drafting
- Architecture > Landscape
- Political Science > City Planning & Urban Development