Bisexual, Gay, Lesbian, and Transgender Students in Higher Education: AEHE
- Tells the story of their growing visibility on campus
- Summarizes collective knowledge to date about BGLT identity development
- Takes stock of transgender students' distinctive position and experiences in higher education
- Assesses the role of the BGLT campus resource center in supporting students and advancing equity.
This issue develops a picture of the ways that BGLT community activism informs scholarship (and vice versa). In the telling of the movement's stories, these lessons suggest a practice of collaborative transformation for advancing the future of BGLT equality in higher education.
This is Volume 37 Issue 4 of the Jossey-Bass publication ASHE Higher Education Report. Each monograph is the definitive analysis of a tough higher education problem, based on thorough research and institutional experiences. Topics are identified by a national survey. Noted practitioners and scholars are then commissioned to write the reports, with experts providing critical reviews of each manuscript before publication.
152 pages; ISBN 9781118182680
, or download in or
Title: Stonewall's Legacy
Author: Susan B. Marine
More Social Science
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Education of special classes of persons > Gays. Lesbians. Bisexuals
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Moral and religious education > Moral education. Character building
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Forms of education > Self-education. Self-culture
- Education > Adult & Continuing Education
- Education > Higher
- Social Science > Gay Studies