The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Understanding NMR Spectroscopy
- How product operators can be extended to describe experiments in AX2 and AX3 spin systems, thus making it possible to discuss the important APT, INEPT and DEPT experiments often used in carbon-13 NMR.
- Spin system analysis i.e. how shifts and couplings can be extracted from strongly-coupled (second-order) spectra.
- How the presence of chemically equivalent spins leads to spectral features which are somewhat unusual and possibly misleading, even at high magnetic fields.
- A discussion of chemical exchange effects has been introduced in order to help with the explanation of transverse relaxation.
- The double-quantum spectroscopy of a three-spin system is now considered in more detail.
Reviews of the First Edition
“For anyone wishing to know what really goes on in their NMR experiments, I would highly recommend this book” – Chemistry World
“…I warmly recommend for budding NMR spectroscopists, or others who wish to deepen their understanding of elementary NMR theory or theoretical tools” – Magnetic Resonance in Chemistry
526 pages; ISBN 9781119964933
, or download in or
The Galileo Affair 1989 US$ 12.95 399 pages
Will You Be Alive 10 Years from Now? 2013 US$ 27.95 256 pages