Understanding Conflict Resolution
War, Peace and the Global System
The eagerly awaited new edition of this highly-popular text continues to be the most lucid and engaging book available on conflict resolution and peace agreements.
Peter Wallensteen, a renowned academic in the field, draws on recent research and examples from around the world, linking the theory of conflict resolution to real-world cases throughout the book.
NEW to the third edition:
• Expanded coverage of the making of peace agreements, including peace and justice, disarmament, and gender-peace connections
• Coverage of the actions of the Obama administration
• Explores the ongoing situations in Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Sudan, the Cote D'Ivoire, Iran, Pakistan and the Arab democratic wave from a conflict resolution perspective
• Updated coverage of the continuing 'war on terror'.
• Attention is given to the comparison of different outcomes, whether negotiated between parties or victory of one over the other with references to Sri Lanka, the Middle East, and Liberia.
Understanding Conflict Resolution remains an essential text for all students, lecturers and researchers of peace and conflict resolution in international relations, global politics and political science.
361 pages; ISBN 9781446253670
, or download in
Title: Understanding Conflict Resolution
Author: Peter Wallensteen
More Social Science
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down 1998 US$ 9.99 339 pages
The Corner 2013 US$ 12.99 576 pages