The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Special Educational Needs
A Guide for Inclusive Practice
With a Foreword from Baroness Mary Warnock, this book provides a comprehensive overview of the field of special educational needs (SEN). It contains chapters written by a range of experts on different aspects of SEN, and is full of practical suggestions for how to achieve effective, inclusive practice.
Various research perspectives are considered, the value of labels is examined and the need to recognize the overlapping characteristics between different syndromes is highlighted. Chapters focus on translating theory into classroom practice, and include case studies covering the Birth to 19 age range.
There is coverage of:
- SEN and the state of research
- SEN and legal issues
- Parents' perspectives
- Speech and language difficulties
- Dyspraxia and occupational therapy
- Dyslexia and dyscalculia
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- Behavioural Optometry
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Asperger's Syndrome and Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Tourette's Syndrome.
Ideal for those undertaking teacher education courses, as well as experienced teachers, therapists and policy makers, this book is a guide to understanding and supporting learners with additional needs.
328 pages; ISBN 9781446289389
, or download in or
More from this author
- Dyslexia-Successful Inclusion in the Secondary School2012US$ 57.95289 pages
- Introduction to Dyslexia2013US$ 27.9598 pages
Understanding by Design, Expanded 2nd Edition 2005 US$ 32.95 383 pages
Energizing Brain Breaks 2013 US$ 19.95 65 pages