Understanding New Media

Understanding New Media by Eugenia Siapera

"An admirably clear-sighted and engaging analysis of contemporary forms of mediation, illuminating the dynamics of new media across social, political and cultural spheres... Eugenia Siapera provokes her reader to think afresh about familiar phenomena, to synthesise diverse theoretical positions, and to stretch their imaginations to anticipate what is coming."
- Sonia Livingstone, London School of Economics and Political Science

"An excellent introduction to the past, present and future of the electronic, networked media world. By carefully examining the complex interactions between society and media, Siapera insightfully illuminates the social, political, economic and cultural consequences of our increasingly electronically networked and mediated world... a highly useful teaching tool and an engaging read for students, teachers and scholars."
- Steve Jones, University of Illinois, Chicago

New media are everywhere, yet with so many technological developments and theoretical perspectives understanding them has never been more difficult.

Eugenia Siapera explains the key concepts and approaches to the impact of new media on the economy, society, identity, politics, friendship, citizenship and everyday life. Putting the student first, this book:
  • Engages the reader with integrated, up-to-date case studies
  • Brings it all together with chapter summary charts
  • Challenges students to apply concepts with e-tivities
  • Provides key further online readings at www.sagepub.co.uk/siapera
This book is both starting point and map for any student of new media and digital culture.
SAGE Publications; November 2011
Title: Understanding New Media
Author: Eugenia Siapera

Buy, download and read Understanding New Media (eBook) by Eugenia Siapera today!
1848607784
9781446254288
9781446289334
9781848607781