Understanding New Media
"An admirably clear-sighted and engaging analysis of contemporary forms of mediation, illuminating the dynamics of new media across social, political and cultural spheres... Eugenia Siapera provokes her reader to think afresh about familiar phenomena, to synthesise diverse theoretical positions, and to stretch their imaginations to anticipate what is coming."
- Sonia Livingstone, London School of Economics and Political Science
"An excellent introduction to the past, present and future of the electronic, networked media world. By carefully examining the complex interactions between society and media, Siapera insightfully illuminates the social, political, economic and cultural consequences of our increasingly electronically networked and mediated world... a highly useful teaching tool and an engaging read for students, teachers and scholars."
- Steve Jones, University of Illinois, Chicago
New media are everywhere, yet with so many technological developments and theoretical perspectives understanding them has never been more difficult.
- Engages the reader with integrated, up-to-date case studies
- Brings it all together with chapter summary charts
- Challenges students to apply concepts with e-tivities
- Provides key further online readings at www.sagepub.co.uk/siapera
288 pages; ISBN 9781446289334
, or download in or
Title: Understanding New Media
Author: Eugenia Siapera