Enhancing Minority Student Retention and Academic Performance

What We Can Learn from Program Evaluations

Enhancing Minority Student Retention and Academic Performance by Jacqueline Fleming

Praise for Enhancing Minority Student Retention and Academic Performance

"Dr. Fleming and her team contribute very honest and timely appraisals of programs aimed to improve underrepresented student academic preparation. Their important case analyses and reviews remind us all about the relevant and tangible contributions we can glean from solid project evaluations and creative but thorough assessments. The results discussed in this book also provide important road maps for fruitful intervention planning and designs for all students, with specific considerations paid to individual agency, learning contexts, and how to narrow gaps between desired and actual program outcomes."—Marguerite Bonous-Hammarth, researcher in residence, Center for Educational Partnerships, University of California, Irvine

"The insights and recommendations from this engaging series of studies will help administrators in higher education as well as counselors, student service professionals, deans, and instructors improve the education and development of all their students."—Walter R. Allen, Distinguished Professor of Sociology and Allan Murray Cartter Professor of Higher Education, University of California, Los Angeles

Praise for Blacks in College: A Comparative Study of Students' Success in Black and in White Institutions also by Jacqueline Fleming

"This book is pragmatic and suitable for educators, counselors, and advisors who work with college and college-bound youth. It is also an interesting compilation of exploratory studies that contribute significantly to the social science research literature."—Contemporary Sociology

Wiley; March 2012
Title: Enhancing Minority Student Retention and Academic Performance
Author: Jacqueline Fleming

Buy, download and read Enhancing Minority Student Retention and Academic Performance (eBook) by Jacqueline Fleming today!