Codependency For Dummies
Codependency for Dummies is the most comprehensive book on the topic to date. It describes the history, symptoms, causes, and relationship dynamics of codependency and provides self-assessment questionnaires. The majority of the book is devoted to healing and lays out a clear plan for recovery with exercises, practical advice, and helpful daily reminders to help you know, honor, protect, and express yourself.
It clarifies deep psychological dynamics that underlie codependency, yet is written in a conversational style that’s easily understandable by everyone.
You will learn:
- How to raise your self-esteem
- The difference between care-giving and codependent care-taking
- The difference between healthy and dysfunctional families
- How to set boundaries
- How to separate responsibility for yourself and for others
- How to overcome guilt and resentment
Title: Codependency For Dummies
Author: Darlene Lancer